Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Quick Update

Just a quick update... My parents left on Sunday, my house is sparkling clean, I bid on a dresser on eBay and won, it's arriving tomorrow, I have a beautiful bassinet, I'm shopping for a crib on Saturday, and I see body parts moving around in my belly!

So basically, life is good, I'm in good spirits, and I see my OB today. I hope we discuss the pari-partum cardiomyopathy, the big baby, and delivery. I need a game plan. What can I say --Type-A personality!

The only other thing is that the low carb diet for the gestational diabetes is K.I.L.L.I.N.G. me. I'm a bit hungrier now... okay, I'm hungry all the time, and I need carbs to fill me up! Also, throughout my entire pregnancy, I have not had any cakes, cookies, chocolate, etc. because up until about 2 months ago, it just made me sick to my stomach to even think about such things. Not the case now! Last night I was craving... CRAVING, I tell you, a huge, gigantic slab of triple fudge chocolate cake with a 30 ounce glass of skim milk on the rocks to wash it down. But noooo... can't have it! Gotta hold off until after the baby arrives. Darn! This is tough!

Also, my girlfriend is planning a baby shower for me here at work. She's awesome. She's putting so much energy and money into this ... I feel guilty, and I've asked her to be conservative, but she says she's not doing more than she can afford or wants to do, so I've got to let her go. She's so much like me! The shower is on Monday, 8/22... I just can't believe this is happening already! My sister and sister-in-law are throwing another shower for me and all my friends and family on 9/17, and then my aunts (my mother's side) are having a smaller "aunt's shower" for me on 9/18. I'm getting a wee bit overwhelmed by everyone's goodness! I am such a lucky girl.

So, anyway... That's all for now. I'll update tomorrow with news from the OB.

1 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's me again! On the carb front - how many grams of carbs in a serving for you? On my GD plan it's 15 grams of carbs per serving - and Ezekial bread has 15 grams per serving, so I can have two slices as two servings instead of 1 serving for 2 slices. And it's REALLY filling!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home