Thursday, June 23, 2005

Eventful Weekend, etc.

Forgive me for not posting, but this has been, to say the least, an eventful weekend and start of week ... Busy... tiring. Exhausting, really. I'm seeing that I'm going to fall into the "once a week" poster grouping...

Fathers day was this weekend, and let me just say... I haven't learned when to STOP. I wore myself out this weekend coordinating a Men's Luncheon for our church. I started running Friday afternoon when I went to Wal Mart, Costco, Giant, Party City, to the church to drop food off, decorate, and crawled home for dinner, and to do some prep work for the luncheon on Sat. I went to bed DEAD ON MY FEET at 10:00. Actually, my feet were throbbing, they were swollen on the top AND bottom.

Saturday, I woke up and began cooking rice at 8:00 in the morning. Squeezed in a quick shower, asked my DH to load up the Expedition, and left at 10:00 to go to the church. Then, I was on my feet pretty much all day long until about 3:00, when I left the church to go home, and almost fell asleep while driving. Really! I mean it!

I had a lot of help... wonderful, wonderful ladies. 6 of them. And even with their help, I was still dead on my feet that afternoon.

I took what seemed to be a 1 hour hot bath, almost falling asleep in the tub, rolled my self onto my knees, hauled myself out of the tub, put my jammies on, fell into my cool, comfy bed, and slept for two hours. And trust me when I say... I didn't move to far from my bed after my nap. I was pretty much there for the night.

So needless to say, it's taking a looooong time to recuperate from this weekend.

I had a sonogram with the perinatologist again on Monday. They found that one of the babies kidneys is a bit dilated, which if it doesn't correct itself, could lead to urinary reflux. It's easily fixed with a simple surgery before the child turns one. My neighbor's baby has it, and a coworker's grand daughter had it. It seems mild enough, but still! You hate to think that your little precious baby that you've worked so hard to get might be born with this problem and have to face SURGERY. So I have to go back in 6 weeks for monitoring and to see if it's getting worse, or if it has corrected itself.

So my reaction to all this (after my initial reaction of freaking out, that is)... is to not worry until I really have something to worry about. Everything is still forming and growing, so I'll try to put worry aside and relax.

Tuesday, I went to a cardiologist because my heart kept doing strange flip flops and racing. I'm sure it's nothing more than the mere fact that my heart is currently pumping a TON of blood and fluid around to the baby... but nevertheless.... my OB wanted to be safe, rather than sorry. So after I waited an hour and 45 minutes (no, I'm not exaggerating), the doctor finally came in for a 10 minute consult and hooked me up to some monitor thingy that I had to wear for 24 hours. Nice..... Real nice! I couldn't sleep at all Tues night, and was dead on my feet by Wednesday. Plus, to add insult to injury, I had a reaction to the suction cup thingies they put all over your chest. Yes... I'm allergic to some types of adhesive. Hmmm... I'm such a lucky girl that they use the same one I'm allergic to.

Needless to say, I fell into bed at 7:30 Wed night. Missed church, felt guilty, but woke Thurs morning feeling 100% better. Now, I'm just the normal "pregnant woman tired."

Wonder what else the week will hold for me? What ever it is... I guarantee that I'll be RESTING this weekend!

P.S. ... I'll be 24 weeks pregnant on Monday, 6/27/05!!!


Post a Comment

<< Home