Wednesday, August 03, 2005

It's a Gorilla, Folks!

I saw my Perinatologist yesterday and had a lovely sonogram. We saw the face, and guess what? It really looked like a babies face! So adorable, rounded cheeks, eyes, mouth, and MY nose (whew!) ... the doctor said she even saw HAIR starting to grow! Amazing. I was all teary eyed. Then ... well, then she dropped the bomb on us. Yes, ladies and gentlemen... I'm going to have a gargantuan child. I was totally SHOCKED!

I'm only 29 weeks pregnant (beginning of 29th week), and the baby is measuring 3 weeks ahead, and weighing in at 3 pounds. The doctor graphed out the babies weight, and it measures at the TOP of the graph. She also said that she knows it will be at least 9 pounds, but closer to 9.5 or 10 pounds. Yikes! My sister had a 9 lb 15 oz child (no epidural, either... natural -- is she insane or what?!?), and her other three kids came in at over 9 lbs, 7.5 lbs (known as "tiny baby"), and again over 9 lbs. I say, it's all her fault, but the doctor said that the size of the baby runs on the mother's side. Greaaat! Just what I wanted to hear.

Here is a web site that has a sample graph http://www.gestation.net/fetal_growth/growscreenshots.htm ... just so you can understand what I'm explaining above.

So for now, I'm just going to begin processing the thought that my child will be as large as a gorilla, and that I'll probably have a c-section for sure ... I just can't imagine pushing out such a big babe!

And to all of you out there that tell me ... EACH TIME YOU SEE ME ... "man! that's going to be a big baby!" Thanks... a lot... You have cursed me. Just remember... what goes around, comes around. He He He!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home