Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hot, Humid, and Disgusting

This weekend was hot, hot, HOT! I'm not exactly sure what the actual temperature was, but if I had to guess, I'd say about 500 degrees. Actually, it really felt like the heat index was up in the 100's. Hot, humid and sticky. It was so humid, that it hung over the mountains so thick that you could barely see them. Okay... foot hills in comparison to other parts of the country, but still ... YUCK.

We had a pig roast to got to this past weekend, and while I was actually looking forward to it, my husband kept saying, "Honey, are you sure you want to go? Have you actually gone outside yet? I'm not sure you'll be able to stand the heat!" He was right. We scrapped the Pig Roast and went to a movie instead.

We got tickets to see Cinderella Man, but we were 1 hour and 25 minutes early, so we went to Hamburger Hamlet and got an appetizer and drinks. Well, not really drinks as in DRINKS, but a coke and water. Although, "drinks" would have been quite welcome at that point! The movie turned out to be really, REALLY good. The time just seemed to fly by. And after the movie, of course, we went out for dinner. I was starved by that point, and we went to Carrabas, but we ordered an appetizer (Calamari, of course!), a side salad, and a bowl of soup. That was plenty, too. I was stuffed!

I love going out to eat. Why? Well, because I don't have to do anything, of course! No meal planning, no shopping, no cooking, and best of all... no clean up! We ate out for lunch on Sunday, and I felt guilty so when we got home, I turned around and went to the grocery store for some food. Did I mention how hot it was this weekend? Well, it was. And I will N.E.V.E.R. go shopping by myself again. I'm well passed the "I can do it alone" stage in my pregnancy. Ugh. It's hard to give up control. But let me tell you, I about passed out by the time I got home, unloaded the groceries, and crawled to bed for a nap. Who really cared about cooking dinner at this point? See why going out is so nice? Yeah.

1 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanted to say thanks for your honest comment on my blog (having email touble at the moment). With regards to IVF, my fingers are currently stuffed in my ears, but I appreciate the warmth. Mucho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home