Friday, July 29, 2005

Oh, baby... Nanna's home!!!

Yup ... my mom is here now, and all is well with the world. Even the oppressive heat and humidity we have been experiencing in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan area is G-O-N-E!

The baby's Nanna came with gifts in tow, meat for the freezer, and a warm and loving hug. Ahhhhh. Everyone needs a mom, ya know what I mean? Today, my mom and dad took me out to lunch... they are so thoughtful like that... and then they went to the grocery store to get stuff for dinner tonight -- since I currently have 2 spring onions, one tomato, some humus, 1 rotten cucumber, and 1 rotten bag of lettuce in my refrigerator. Oh yeah ... and crystal light. None of that would make a very nutritious meal for 4, huh? What can I say... I've been out of town, AND I'm 28 weeks pregnant. Swollen, tired, fat and lazy. That's me!

Any way, she also ran by a department type store to "scope out" the supply on cribs, and we're headed there this evening... after dinner, of course... that she's cooking. Man, I love this woman.

So ... tomorrow it's lunch at an aunt's home in Georgetown (yum... good food) and more shopping. What a nice weekend!

As for my GD, I started on insulin last night. I spoke personally with my perinatologist... love him, he's so nice... and he walked me through it all. I have been so fortunate to have good doctor's on my side. Yes, the nutritionist freak scared me a bit, but I'm starting to warm to the idea of a c-section. Really, I am. And what I mean by this is... if it comes down to a c-section, I will be fine with that, but I won't insist on it. I see my perinatologist on the 2nd, and he's going to be measuring the baby growth at that time. I'll be sure to pepper him with a ton of questions. Also, I am now officially seeing my OB every 2 weeks. I LOVE my doctors, they are both great... and let me just say, it's a good thing I'm a happily married woman! Know what I mean?

Did you see the great links Liz provided me with? How awesome is she? AND... she's carried her twins to ALMOST TERM! You go, girl! Amazing, simply amazing. I'm going to be praying hard for her that she has an easy labor and delivery. She deserves it after taking such good care of her twins! It should be any time now!

If anyone wants to share their c-section stories, feel free to do so... Thanks!!!

1 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pleasure - and I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Getting the news about GD can be really depressing, and getting off sugar only adds to it. But then, most people get to a point where it's just one more thing on the road - sounds like you've gotten there quickly.

And having great docs helps :)!

So glad for you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home