Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Change Is-A-Comin'!

Okay ... nooooow I'm scared.

I'm scared of the change we'll have once the baby is born. There... I said it.

I haven't really shared this with anyone yet, but while I'm so thankful and appreciative that I'm finally carrying a successful pregnancy, I'm scared to death of how it's going to C.H.A.N.G.E. my/our life!

I'll be 38 when the baby is born, and I'm so stuck in my ways, used to sleeping in, and actually sleeping through the night (when DH isn't snoring with every breath that escapes his nose!)... I'm even well accustomed to un-interrupted 5 minute showers, and private bathroom breaks!

I guess I've been living a fantasy life thinking that once the baby comes, it will all be roses and smiles, giggles and gurgles. Oh yeah, and getting a full 8 hours sleep at night.

After reading several other people's blogs that are new moms, and hearing all the stuff they battle with... waking up every 2-3 hrs for feedings, reflux, endless crying, no free time to take a long shower (or even dry your hair) ... how in the world does one prepare for this?

Yeah ... so now... I'm scared. Great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home