Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I'm so vain!

You know, I've been losing weight since I started watching my sugars and carbs and taking insulin. That's all good and well, but it leaves me wondering ... How do you figure out what to take to the hospital to wear home? I'm not looking to be a fashion plate model or anything... well, okay, so I want to look nice for the going home pictures... wouldn't you?

My DH said ... "take some sweat pants or something." Well, even though I'm loosing weight, I'm still not "small" by any stretch of the imagination, and sweat pants... well ... let's just not go there.

I see my OB this afternoon, and I'll find out for sure (from his nazi nurse) just how much more weight I've lost or gained in the past two weeks, but all-in-all, I'd have to say that I have only netted a 5 pound weight gain... so far! Sounds like a nice problem... and trust me, I'm just ecstatic to be loosing safely, and not gaining. After all, there is still plenty of cushion for the babe. No need to worry.

But, because I'm somewhat of a hysterical planner... as in ... I ALWAYS pack my bags a week or two before going on vacation, and ALWAYS include a "menu" of what I'll wear each day, along with a detailed inventory of what I packed... I can honestly admit that I've already started planning my bag that I'm taking to the hospital. No, not clothing... at least not yet, because I'm limited on what I can wear right now, but I've got all my toiletries, etc. waiting in their little cosmetic bag, and I've got a revolving list of things still to get/pack. Call me obsessive/compulsive. Whatever! (just know it's true!)

So, if you were in my shoes, would you pack a pair of pants that were maternity pants, and run the risk that they'll fall off, pack a pair of pre-pregnancy pants and run the risk that while you may weigh about the same, your weight has shifted and may not fit in the pants?? Pack a mumu (NEVER, in a gazillion years, do you hear me?!?)

What do I do?

At least I have another 8-ish weeks to agonize over this...

Any and all advice is welcome at this point.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Take the maternity pants - much more comfy, will hit you in better places, etc (no zips to gore your tender tummy with, m'dear)

And some safety pins.

Excited for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home