Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Beginnings of "A Plan" ??? Maybe...

Oh, my goodness... I'm glad I'm sitting down. Or was... when I got the news. Here it goes:

1) In the last two weeks I've lost 6 pounds. SIX! Added to the previous 3 I lost, that makes... let me see ... NINE POUNDS!!! That means, I have a net gain of 2.5 pounds since I got pregnant. Oh, so svelte! So sexy! Yeah, RIGHT. You should see the basketball protruding from my belly!

2) I am still having a big baby, chubby. Round. Ow.

3) I will likely have a scheduled c-section. Cool. I can deal with that. The 'knowing' was important to me.

4) I will go for my scheduled c-section around 38-ish weeks. I'm guessing so that the baby won't be too big? So, I'm now wondering just how big this child might get? Hmmm... Also, does this mean we get to choose the date? Hey, that could actually be fun!

I think this looks like a plan - sort of! If not, humor me. I needed this.

On another note... we had a friend visiting from Kentucky last weekend. He was kind enough to bring his hillbilly cooties with him, and share them with my husband. Who, in turn, shared them with me. THE NERVE!!! I love my husband dearly, but really ... he doesn't have to share EVERYTHING, you know what I mean?

So now, I'm suffering from a yucky head/chest cold. I may have mentioned this before, but I'm pregnant, and feel like whining. I am finding it incredibly difficult to BREATH... and that's just a bit important to me right now. What, with a big belly, stuffy nose, congested chest, and squirming tadpole ... laying down to go to sleep is near impossible. I wake up gasping for air, and feeling like I'm suffocating. Not a fun experience. I'm knocking back Robitussin, Tylenol and Sudafed... don't worry, my OB okayed this. At least I'm no longer feverish. That's a plus, right? Did I mention that the inability to freely breath can cause one to SNORE?! Loudly? (more like snorting) Uh, yeah... woke myself up doing just that, too!

I know what you're thinking... my husband is sooo lucky to have such an incredibly HOT and sexy wife in bed next to him... big belly, gasping for air, snoring and snorting, rolling around on top of pillows while clearing my throat and coughing, all the while, gently (of course) whining and complaining. What can I say. Some men just have all the luck, you know what I mean?

Finally ... a big thank you to the post from daysgoby..... it sounds like wise advice. I'll take a pair of maternity pants that I wore early on in the pregnancy. Thank you, thank you, thank you! (I'm not sure why, but all my posts come up with noreply-comment@blogger.com as the email address, so I can never email anyone to thank them personally --- dunno why -- not that internet smart or savy).

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Jess said...

You're welcome!
Also, (and this is relatively icky) take four or five extra pair of old undies with you - and your own box of comfortable maxipads. I think all hospitals use the same supplier - and all the pads are huge, bulky, and uncomfortable!!Stuffy noses are the worst. Can you shut yourself up in the bathroom (with a book?) and run the shower on very hot for awhile?



(jessalogic@yahoo.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home