Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Just Like A Monkey!

FOUR DAYS! Yes, four days is how long it took whatever attacked my little boy to work it's course through his little body! A cold, the flu, an infection, a virus -- whatever it was, it hit him hard. He clung to me just like a little monkey for four whole days. When he whimpered or cried, it sounded hoarse. His eyes were running/tearing up. His nose was gushing. It was pitiful.

Yeah -- and to top it off, my little 4-month old boy has two, yup ...TWO teeth trying to pop through his tender gums. Yeow! My poor baby.

One of those four days, the poor soul cried the entire day STRAIGHT! I finally sent my father-in-law out to get some baby orajel. I put it on his gums, and he cried even harder because it tasted so foul. He even (literally) SPIT at me ... I kid you not. He was trying desperately to spit that foul tasting stuff out, but the taste just stayed there. If it weren't for the pain and discomfort my little man was in, I would have laughed at how cute he looked when he spit at me. Needless to say, the orajel worked, and he slept for 9-1/2 hours straight.

In fact, it startled me because he hadn't gotten up a single time through the night, so I went in to look at him to make sure he was okay, and he was sprawled on his back, arms spread eagled over his head. His face was a little blue-ish looking, so I ran my finger along his cheek, and called out his name. He didn't respond, and it scared me to death because his face was cold (it was 68 degrees in his room) so I grabbed his cheeks and hollered his name. He jumped because I startled him, but went right back to sleep. Baby boy ... NEVER do that to your momma again! Good Grief! We now have the heat set at 70. No more blue-ish faces.

Any way, it was a miserable four days, but he's all better now. Now, I have the stinking cold, or flu, or infection, or virus, or ... whatever. Not fun.

But on Sunday... well ... on Sunday, he was a perfect angel! He was quiet throughout the entire church service, and he fell asleep during the message. Just when the Pastor was calling us up for his dedication, he woke up, and just smiled and smiled and coo'd at everyone. It was endearing. Then, we had an open house at our home for 40 of our dear and close friends and family (ugh!) and it was awesome! We had a great time, and he was so well behaved! We crashed that night, and I turned to my husband and glowingly said... "I'm so proud of our boy." He turned to me and said, "Really? How Come? Because it's not like he can really do anything yet!" So, I politely reminded him about how well behaved he was for such a long day, and yes, he did agree with me that it was something to be proud of.

MEN!!! Watcha gonna do? You can't live with them, you can't live without them.

Finally, thanks for the lovely remarks on my last post. I will be thinking and praying about a new name. I'll let you know once I've got it, but it will require a lot of work transferring files to a new blog, and I have NO! Idea! How! To! Do! That! (I'm so computer illiterate!) So, look for more to come on that subject!

Have a great day!


At 5:22 PM, Blogger NspiredByFaith said...

Poor baby! Sounds like he was feeling pretty rough! Have you tried "Teething Tablets"? They are homeopathic and really seem to work for my 9 month old. You can find them on the baby isle at Walmart or Target.....as for the Sprite adding calories to apples..I think you could use diet sprite too! Thanks for visiting me! And congratulations on your new baby!


Post a Comment

<< Home