Thursday, January 26, 2006

Random Thoughts

... In no particular order ...

1. I think I'd like to set up some kind of space in my home where I can begin learning how to take portraits of my son. I think I take good pictures, but I really need "a place" where to set up a wishful, yet somehow glorified studio... any thoughts on this?

2. I think I've fallen in love with one very warm, gentle, and soothing hydrotherapy table at the Chiropractors office. Uh Huh. I'm head over heals in love. It is like enveloping yourself in warmth with buoyancy, and a deliciously pulsating massage. I want one for my own house, but at about $1500 - $3000 a pop, I think I'll have to put my "want" on the back burner.

3. I came home last night from work to a nice, roaring fire in the fireplace. It was so warm, so comforting, and soooo nice. It's our first fire all season, because we had to replace the entire chimney pipe and some glass around the fireplace. I had forgotten what we were missing, and with our last gas bill at a whopping $416 bucks (cough, sputter, gag), a functioning wood burning fireplace will really come in handy now! And they smell so good!!!

4. I am tired. Plumb, tuckered out. My neck and shoulders have been incredibly stiff and sore, and the back of my head has been pounding for three weeks now. My sleep has just sucked raw eggs. It's not because I'm waking up to feed Hunter, because that really only takes 15 minutes TOPS, and he sleeps a good 7 to 8 hours a stretch. I haven't been able to get comfortable in bed because of the stiffness and soreness I'm experiencing. I finally started going to a chiropractor and I'm hoping to get enough relief between today and tomorrow so that I can sleep soundly tomorrow night, and then selfishly spend all day long in either bed or on the couch in front of the fire with my son. Oh yeah, and my husband, too.

5. We are dedicating our son at church on February 5... Super Bowl Sunday. A couple things we/I hadn't thought about except for just now... the 5th is his birthdate -- sort of -- he'll be 4 months old. Not 3-1/2, not 4-1/4, but exactly 4 months. Nice. I like round numbers. Also, it's Super Bowl Sunday. I know it doesn't really mean much, other than just being so"appropriate!" Why, you might ask? Well, you'd just have to see how fixated he gets on the TV when a football game is on. Basketball... not so much. Tennis ... why bother. But football? You'd better make sure there's a clear path to the TV for him, or he gets upset. Really! He's only (almost) 4 months old! It's the strangest thing I've ever seen. Even all my in-laws have commented on it! So, maybe he'll end up really liking football so much that he'll find a lucrative career in either playing or announcing it when he grows up, and he'll take good care of his mom and dad in their old age.

Oh, wait a minute. I'm already in my 'old age.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home