Tuesday, January 31, 2006

What's in a Name?

So lately, I've been struggling with the name, content and even category of my blog. Yes, I have struggled for many, many years with infertility, and it is a part of my life that I wouldn't change. I have gone through the fire, and God has seen me through it. I've come out refined, changed, stronger and more compassionate. I've learned to lean fully on God and while I may not have always understood why my life experiences included the physical and emotional pain of infertility, I had to learn to trust God's heart. His timing hasn't been my choice, but really, he has know what's best for us. The only reason we have our son is because of God's graciousness, love and mercy. He heard the cry of an old woman begging for a child, and he, in his infinite generosity, answered my pleas. On our announcement cards for our son, we used the scripture from 1 Sam 1:27 - "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him" because my life seemed to parallel Hannah's story.

One of the reasons I started this blog was to be able to share with others my experiences, and to be able to show compassion and love to those who are in the process of struggling with fertility issues. And I firmly believe that we learn from each other's experiences... and one thing I want everyone to know is that the all wonders in my life... the love of a good and faithful husband who fears the Lord and is the strong head of our household, and the sweetness of my little son ... are all gifts to me ... little ol' me ... from my heavenly maker. "I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." Ps. 9:1-2 And trust me when I say, the past 14 years have been quite an emotional roller coaster ride. Not an enjoyable one, either. But through it all, I know that the Lord has never forsaken me.

But now, my life is in a new place. We have a son. I am a mother. I am a mother who battled infertility and came out a victor. But none the less, I am now a mother. So does this put my blog in a new category all together? Am I now a part of the parenting blogsphere? While I would welcome this new club with open arms, would I be leaving behind any one who continues to struggle with infertility?

This Sunday, our son will be 4 months old. This Sunday, we will be dedicating our Son at church. This Sunday is an important milestone in the lives of Christian parents, because we acknowledge that our children are gifts from God. We present our children before God and the church asking God for grace and wisdom in carrying out our responsibilities. We also pray that through our Godly teachings and rearing, our child might one day trust Jesus Christ as their Savior and ask Him for the forgiveness of their sins. Some people baptize their infant children, but we believe that baptism symbolizes that Christ is our Savior, and at that time, we publicly confess that we are a new creation in Christ. We firmly believe that a child is baptized once they are old enough to fully understand this.

Any way, now that I've gone into a theological dissertation, my point is... we are marking an important decision as parents on Sunday. Maybe it's as good a time as any to turn a new leaf with my blog?

AAARGH!!! I just don't know what to do!!! And since no one ever comments on my blog, I'm sure I won't receive any of the much needed advice I'm seeking!

What to do, what to do...

1 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Hello!

I came from Shannon's blog to encourage you with a comment.

Wish I had some good and godly advice for you about the name of your blog, but I don't. Whatever it's name is or will be, if you do it to the glory of God, you and your readers will be satisfied.

May God bless you and your family. Enjoy the day on Sunday. Rejoice and be glad in it!

He will tend his flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs in his arms; He will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young.

Blessings,
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home