Monday, January 23, 2006

To Teeth or Not to Teeth... That is the Question

Is my son really teething? I just can't tell... He runs a very slight fever on and off. He's drooling so much and he's actually perfected blowing multiple bubbles out of his mouth. He has a horrifies drool rash on his chin. He's pooping a lot of wet stuff that runs up his back ... of course, that might be directly related to the fact that we started feeding him stage one foods on Wednesday, 1/18/06! Who really knows? He quiets down when I stick my knuckle in his mouth, but then all he does is suck, not really rub or chew. He rejects all cold teethers... too big for his mouth. I haven't seen any raised "blistery" looking things on his gums, or any really "white bumps" -- well, maybe I see a little bit of white -- MAYBE. It's almost like it comes and it goes.

Um ... did I mention he's only 3 months & 3 weeks old! I know that I had my first tooth at 3 months, and my husband had his first tooth at 4 months, so... dare I say that it's possible that my little boy is actually teething?

I called the doctor's office, and they said that it was possible that he could very well be teething and to give him Tylenol. I almost hesitate to give him Tylenol. Especially if I'm not "certain" that he's teething. I don't want to get into the habit of "medicating" him whenever he cries... but at the same time, I don't want him to suffer. But how do I know if he's suffering or just venting some steam?

UGGH!!! This mothering stuff is killing me because I'm not a frikin mind reader!!!

My poor babe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home