Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Power of Suggestion...

When I was pregnant, my husband and I agreed (against my better judgment) to wait and NOT find out the sex of our baby until it was born. Well... that was the hardest thing I ever had to do, because ... well ... I'm anal like that.

Anyway, at one point or another, I found the most adorable socks in the entire world. Of course, they are for girls... and the company (Trumpette) didn't have any as cute as these for boys. And of course, I had a boy. So, once our bundle of joy was born, and I decided that it would be unwise to dress him in Maryjane (http://www.trumpette.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=38) or Ballerina (http://www.trumpette.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=46) socks, I wrote the company and suggested that they make something suitable for boys like saddle shoe socks or something along those lines. Yes, I actually emailed them with this suggestion.

They emailed me back a few weeks later and said that they were creating a new sock for boys... a high top sneaker sock that looked like a pair of chucks! They said they would be available in February. Can you believe it? Is it possible that I may have been a part of their decision making process??? Naturally, I was so excited when I heard this news, and I have stalked their website religiously ... until ... FINALLY ... they have posted the new sock ... and it's so adorable (as are all their products! I've ordered some for Hunter, because face it... he HAS to be the coolest kid on the block! They are called "Johnny's" and come in a box of 6 in green, yellow, blue, orange, red and black. So cute! Check it out! http://www.trumpette.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=98

So, yeah ... I'm feeling like hot stuff right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home