Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Wrong, Wrong, WRONG!!!

Okay ... whoever said "it doesn't hurt too badly" was wrong, wrong, WRONG!!! The doctor that first said "oh, it just feels like strong menstrual cramps" must have been a MAN, because I don't think they even KNOW what menstrual cramps feel like. Idiots! They are all idiots!!!

Retrieval hurts. Yes, they put you in lala land, but they also take you out of it, and 15 minutes later, you're smacked in the face with a painful, throbbing in your ovaries that only a nice, fat, juicy vicodin can cure. Even that wore off too soon for comfort.

But all in all, it was a fair retrieval. Our plan was to only have 4 fertilized, but the doctor performing the retrieval told us that we would be drastically reducing our odds, if not eliminating them, because PCOS patients don't always produce healthy eggs. Nice... real nice. That's like having a chicken lay frogs eggs. So when I woke up, I was told that 9 eggs were retrieved. I was hoping for many more, considering that I had over 20 follicles, but I guess beggars can't be choosy!

All the eggs were placed in their own little dishes with thousands of sperm, all for themselves. Out of the nine, 1 didn't fertilize at all, 1 fertilized abnormally (2 sperm made it in), and the other 7 fertilized beautifully.

Now, I'm just waiting for the call to tell me how many have made it to day three, and if I'll have transfer tomorrow, or later on in the week. My IM injections in my beHIIIInd have started, and the side effects are pretty much the same as being pregnant. I'm nauseas and tired. But thankfully, the actual injections are "okay." As in ... not too bad. Except for the occasional vein you go through that causes a nice spouting spurt of blood when the needle is drawn out ... sort of like an active oil well!

So, for now... I'm going to log off and stare at my cell phone, willing it to ring, and picking it up every 5 minutes to make sure it's still working. Then, once I get the call, I'm gonna head home from work and fall into bed (ovaries are still hurting badly).

Out for now...

======================================

Update...

All seven are continuing to divide nicely. Transfer is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon (1:45 p.m.) ... How exciting is that? Soon I'll have two transferred back in, and 5 frozen ... kidsicles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home